Followers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stripes, Hearts, and Rhinestones/Valentine's Day Nail Design

 I can't help but overindulge the romantic "holiday", since I think that pretty nails are romantic in themselves. I did another Valentine's Day design, using a few rhinestones and small heart decals. Sorry the pictures are not better quality but I hope you can still see it well. This is the design to did to my own nails tonight.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               First, I started with a regular white, french manicure. I used China Glaze-White Out, as shown in the picture below. After the white was applied, I used Kiss Nail Art paint-Bikini Pink, and made a stripe along the white part, as shown in the picture below and to the right.                                                                                                                              


 After the pink, i used Art Club's Red Striper lacquer and made a red line across the pink but curved outward toward the edge of the nail, which is pictured above and below to the left. After the red, I used a lighter pink color(blank bottle-Lilac Silk) and did the same that I did with the red but on the opposite side, going inward toward the nail. It is a little harder to see because the pink is lighter and my poor quality photos but you can sort of see those lines in the picture below and to the right.
 Again, it is hard to see but once my paints were mostly dry, I used a pink heart-shaped rhinestone and added that at the very edge of where all three colors meet, in the middle of the colors. Next to the heart but a little lower, I added another heart but the second one is a purple decal heart, as shown in the picture below.(again, i know these pictures are not so great)
 On the ring finger and thumb, I added 2 silver rhinestones, 2 red, then two pink in a small curved lie towards the cuticle area. After the last few pieces, I added two layers of top coat, just in case and Ta-Da! This was not very time-consuming at all and a very nice, stylish choices for Valentine's Day. Hope you like it and thanks for reading! Please comment or reply!

No comments:

Post a Comment