Followers

Friday, October 19, 2012

Easy Banana "Cream" Pie with Chocolate Crust- For under 3$!

One of my favorite, possibly my all-time favorite, fruit is banana! I love bananas by themselves, banana nut bread/muffins, with my cereal, with peanut butter on a sandwich and so many others... which includes... of course, banana cream pie!
I have a super easy and inexpensive recipe for a quick banana pudding-cream pie that is delicious! You will love how smooth and yummy the pie is but you'll make it again and again because it's so darn easy and affordable! I got my major components for this pie for around $3! 



 Supplies Used
- 2 Medium-large bananas
-1 Bag of Goldfish- Chocolate Graham flavor
-1 Large 6 oz. package of banana (or vanilla) instant pudding
-3 Tablespoons of butter
-Whisk
-Rolling pin
-Sandwich bag
-Large mixing bowl
-Pie pan




*PREP NOTES* Melt the butter, you will need it for the crust and pre-make the instant pudding*


Step 1- Place goldfish into sandwich bag and use rolling pin to smash goldfish into crumbles(as pictured below)



Step 2- Combine the melted butter and chocolate crumbles and form into pie pan (using a flat bottom glass worked very well!)


Step 3- slice one of the bananas and put a single layer covering the  top of the crust.


Step 4- Add the pudding into the pie pan over the bananas and crust and smooth over


FINAL Step- Allow pie to chill for about 1 hour in the fridge. When ready to serve, slice the other banana and layer it on top! Upon serving, add a dollop of cool whip or whipped cream and there you go!

I know! Where is the whipped cream pic?! But I suck! And i don't have one :-( We ripped into this so fast and before I knew it, the pie was gone... But add the whipped cream on top in your mind  :-)
 A super quick and easy but satisfying pie! It truly was really yummy and took me no time at all to put together. I love the chocolate crunch you get from the crust and the rich pudding filling is only second to the fresh bananas layered on both the top and bottom! What's not to love?!

Be sure to add the top layer of bananas AFTER you chill it. Bananas brown quickly after being opened. Don't forget the whipped cream and enjoy this delicious and easy Banana Pudding/Cream Pie!

Is this something you would try? Can you think of other flavor combinations that would be great to pair for this type of tasty treat? My head is already spinning with more pie ideas! Yum! Maybe for the holiday season.....

No comments:

Post a Comment